Sunday, April 27, 2014

Recipe: Chimichurri Salmon

After taking a break from the blog, I am back once again! I have been uploading pictures of a lot of the meals I make on Instagram (check it out!) and have received multiple requests for recipes.  Upon those requests, I have decided to post my recipes here along with other nutrition and physical activity goodies!

My schedule has changed in the past couple of weeks, requiring me to prep my meals ahead of time.  This week I decided to use up my salmon in a unique way - with a chimichurri marinade. 

Chimichurri sauce is fresh herb sauce used as a topping on salmon or steak.  I decided to use the chimichurri sauce as a marinade for my salmon and baked several portions of salmon for the week.

Nutrition tip: getting at least 2 servings of fish such as salmon are a great way to get your dose of heart healthy omega-3 fats.  Fish is a great source of protein!


Chimichurri Salmon served with mixed vegetables.

Chimichurri Salmon
Makes: 6 servings
One Serving: 75g (one piece of salmon)
  •  6 salmon fillets or salmon steaks 
 Chimichurri Marinade:
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1 ½ cups fresh parsley
  • ¼ cup chopped green onions
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1-3 green chillies (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-3 tablespoons of water

1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease a baking pan with olive oil.

2. In a blender, add all marinade ingredients and blend.  Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until a smoothe paste is formed.

3. Generously cover salmon pieces with marinade one at at time and place in baking pan.

4. Bake salmon for 25-30 minutes or until easily flaked with a fork. Time will vary depending on the thickness of salmon.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment